— Confirmed Participants: —-
….and more TBA
—- What You’ll Get: —-
1) Delicious pizza treats from some of the best spots in town!
2) A special behind-the-crust look at the history, stories, and operations of your favorite Portland pizzerias!
3) Saucy historical and cultural pizza knowledge from a bonafide slice expert in-the-know!
4) Special edition tour zine with awesome maps, graphics, and juicy info!
Hello loyal citizens of the Slice Kingdom! Join me and embark on a tasty quest for the best slice spots in Southeast Portland! This two-hour walking tour and tasting will lead you to some of PDX’s best and most authentic pizza joints alongside its most regal of pizza experts, the Pizza Queen herself a.k.a. Nicki Yowell, creator of ‘Za the Pizza Zine.
Get a behind the crust look at pizza history, local pizzeria operations and, of course, dine on some delicious ‘za all while jaunting through one of Portland’s most walkable, fun neighborhoods.
This is not your usual food tour! The Pizza Queen leads your quest because she wishes to share the benevolent power of the best pizza to her subjects.
We in the Slice Kingdom are committed to making our tours spontaneous and fun, all while sharing the knowledge bestowed by the lineage of the Pizza Queen.
Hope you enjoy. Stay cheesy! -Nicki Yowell, Your Pizza Queen
— The tour will commence at Piccolo City Park just south of Division Street in SE Portland —
— Pizza Queen Tours happily welcomes guests 12 years and older. —
— The tour will be around two miles long and will happen rain or shine. Please dress and plan accordingly. —
* Use public transit or bike! If you decide to drive to the tour, consider parking midway along the tour route so you don’t have to backtrack!
* The tour will finish with an optional libation and social (not included in tour price.)
A presentation, panel, and regional pizza sampling presented by Za the Pizza Zine, Nicki Yowell and Atlas Obscura Society of Portland.